About the BMS
About the Belgian Mathematical Society:
The Belgian Mathematical Society's mission is to assemble all Belgian Mathematicians and defend their interests. Foreign members are also welcome. We comment on news items concerning mathematics and give advice to decision makers in Belgium.
The Belgian Mathematical Society is an institutional member of the European Mathematical Society.
How to become a member?!
If you want to become a member, just fill in the form after reading the information regarding the annual membership fees and reciproty agreements, which can be found here.
Staff and organisation of the Belgian Mathematical Society (as approved by the General Assembly of 2/12/2020):
- President: Yvik Swan (ULB)
- Vice-President: Philippe Cara (VUB)
- Treasurer: Peter De Maesschalck (UHasselt)
- Secretary: Peter De Maesschalck (UHasselt)
Further members of the board of the BMS:
- Stef Caenepeel (VUB) (editor in chief of the Bulletin)
- Andreas Weiermann (UGent)
- Karel Dekimpe (KUL-Kortrijk)
- Camille Debiève (UCL) (Managing Editor of the Bulletin)
- Jean Van Schaftingen (UCL)
- Wendy Goemans (KULeuven)
- Joost Vercruysse (ULB)
- Céline Esser (ULiège)
- Karl Grosse-Erdmann (UMons)
- Christian Michaux (UMons)
- Leo Storme (UGent)
- Nero Budur (KUL)
- Jasson Vindas (UGent)