About the BMS
About the Belgian Mathematical Society:
The Belgian Mathematical Society's mission is to assemble all Belgian Mathematicians and defend their interests. Foreign members are also welcome. We comment on news items concerning mathematics and give advice to decision makers in Belgium.
The Belgian Mathematical Society is an institutional member of the European Mathematical Society.
How to become a member?!
If you want to become a member, please refer to the information on this page.
Staff and organisation of the Belgian Mathematical Society until December 2022 (as approved by the General Assembly of 15/12/2021):
- President: Yvik Swan (ULB) yvik(dot)swan(at)ulb(dot)be
- Vice-President: Joost Vercruysse (ULB) joost(dot)vercruysse(at)ulb(dot)be
- Treasurer: Céline Esser (ULiège) celine(dot)esser(at)uliege(dot)be
- Secretary: Yvik Swan (ULB)
Further members of the board of the BMS:
- Nero Budur (KU Leuven)
- Stef Caenepeel (VUB, Editor in chief of the Bulletin)
- Philippe Cara (VUB, Webmaster)
- Andreas Debrouwere (VUB)
- Kenny De Commer (VUBà
- Camille Debiève (UCL, Managing Editor of the Bulletin)
- Jonas Deré (KUL-Kortrijk)
- Sonja Hohloch (UAntwerpen)
- Wendy Goemans (KU Leuven, Editor of the Newsletter)
- Karl Grosse-Erdmann (UMons)
- Christian Michaux (UMons)
- Samuel Nicolay (ULiège)
- Michael Ruzhansky (UGent)
- Leo Storme (UGent)
- Germain Van Bever (UNamur)
- Jean Van Schaftingen (UCL)
- Andreas Weiermann (UGent)
BMS Statutes (as of 2020):
pdf in French -- pdf in Dutch (soon)